Finally the Artifex Terra 3D 1.2 PE beta is here!
Over 80 new features, fixes and improvements, here is a list of the most important:
Click to enlarge. More Screenshots here...
- New paintengine with multilayer colour painting on 8 extra layers.
Similar like in popular 2d paint programs you can turn the visibility of each layer on and off and you can change the opacity for it. All 8 layers will be rendered into one single colour texture, so no extra texture slot required.
- Automatic lightmap generation and a GUI control for it.
- Migrated to a lot newer versions of the libraries Artifex is based upon. Ogre 1.72 (stability), PagedGeometry 1.14 (grass can receive lighting).
- Changed the mousepointer to native so it no longer disappears. Right mouse still works to drag GUI elements. Something many wished for.
- Reworked and improved the existing terrain shader material.
- New project templates: A triplanar rendering shader to avoid texture stretching upslopes. A singlepass shader without normalmapping.
- New texture bar control to navigate through the textures for texture painting and editing.
- Improved memory handling to reduce leaks and crashes.
- Overhaul of most of the GUI and workflow to improve the user experience.
- Improved the texture manipulation control and made it accessible via texture bar.
- New system for filepath and filename handling.
Note: The undo system has been deactivated for this version of the beta, it will be put in again soon.
System Requirements:Windows XP or newer, dual core CPU, 1GB free RAM, NVidia or ATI graphics card with DX9 shader model 2.x or higher and 1 GB gfx-memory.
Latest DirectX9 runtime:
DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) ~ 95.6 MB.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) ~ 2,6 MB.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) ~ 2,6 MB.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update ~ 2,6 MB.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update ~ 2,6 MB.
Note: You can start with the runtime furthest down, if you get a "Side-By-Side" error trying to run Artifex, work your way up.